TikTok Lead Creator / Social Media Manager
To apply for this position now, click this link 👉 https://forms.gle/a1R1F4a1mnCeperA8
***If you're from out of the state, please use this cost of living calculator so you understand the kind of salary we are offering. Use "Plano, TX" as the "New City."***
Ideally, the person we hire has all of the qualities we list below, but we understand this may not be possible. The more qualities you have listed, the more compensation we will offer.
Salary is negotiable. Let us know what you think we need + how much we should pay you if you feel like you are 100% worth it to the business and we may bite.
Salary Range: $50,000-$75,000 + Health benefits
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
- Proven to have successfully grown / maintained a TikTok page for yourself or for another brand by developing engaging TikTok content concepts / strategies and executing them.
- Has a very fun and outgoing / extroverted personality.
- Can film and edit short-form video & has some ability with the adobe suite in general.
- Can collaborate and coordinate with other team members to create TikTok content.
- Has some personal interests that is relatable to our audience such as...
- LOVES boba
- Lift weights regularly (at least 2x-3x per week / into fitness in some way)
- Watches / watched some popular animes (mainly shonen ones like Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, Hunter X Hunter, Naruto, Attack on titan, etc)
- Social Media Managing on other channels such as Twitter, IG, Reels, Facebook, etc.
- Would be a great asset if you have experience in one of the following:
- acting experience / skills
- Film School, Film Production, Cinematography or On-Set Lighting Experience
- Decent copywriter
Bonus points if you have one or a few of the below.
- Can speak a second language (Japanese, Korean)
- Knows how to run and grow a Discord Community
- Experience working at a boba shop
Hello, interested candidates! I’m Neil, the owner of Boba Tea Protein!
We are in search of a true TikTok creator to join our small team of 4 passionate boba tea lovers and take our TikTok page and some of our other social pages to the next level.
In addition to having all of the qualities of a skilled TikTok Creator, this person should also be passionate about boba and enjoy living a healthy lifestyle.
In general, this person is highly-motivated to join our team/mission and can see themselves THRIVING in this role for years to come. They should also be naturally very organized, and love making sure things happen on time and efficiently, especially when it comes creating engaging content in a timely manner. This person should want to take ownership of their work by being able to work autonomously.
A LITTLE ABOUT US CURRENTLY
We are currently a 3-person team looking to add a fourth. The team is very ambitious, but relaxed interpersonally while also being very industrious in what we’re trying to achieve. We are influencing the entire boba industry to become a little healthier, and it is no easy task. We are looking for someone to add to the team that is looking for something to sink their teeth into and wants to be a part of this mission and will both execute their responsibilities fully and thrive in an environment that both gives a lot of freedom, but has a lot of responsibility.
We are a highly-motivated team that are mentally prepared to tackle the goals we've set for ourselves in 2023, and you need to be as well. You should feel that the skills you bring to the team will almost ensure we achieve our goals.
Currently the team is structured as follows:
Neil* - Owner / Founder, Product Development, Sales / Marketing, Creative Direction, Ops, Customer Service
Klair* - Supply Chain & Financial Controller, Ops
Dena - Art Director, Creative Direction, Sales / Marketing
Skunja - Customer Experience Rep / Community Manager
YOU - TikTok Lead Creator
*Neil & Klair are married and have been together for over 12 years. ^_^
This means the candidate we choose to hire will start as a contractor for the first 1 to 2 months (paid at the agreed upon salary rate; length will be determined during interview) and if we are both satisfied in our compatibility, we will hire you full-time at the end of the time period.
Will be required to be hybrid work because you will need to come on-site often to film content and behind the scenes footage of brand building for content. Additionally, there may be some weeks where you need to come in every day depending on the scope of a launch or systems needing to be built, but on slower weeks, expect to come in 1-4 days.
We are currently in Frisco, TX, but are looking to finally have an office in the North Dallas area in Q1 of 2023.
Financial assistance for moving will be available if from out-of-state
Depending on skills experience, Associate Social Media Manager, Social Media Manager, Senior Social Media Manager.
Experience & Degree Requirements
No hard requirements - prove to us you got what we want and you will be in serious consideration for hire.
Although no hard requirements, having at least 6-12 months of experience with skills that prove to grow social media channels will help.
Must-have skills in priority order
- Social Media Managing skills like...
- Content creation
- Content ideating
- Content strategizing
- Staying up-to-date on trends across all social platforms
- Able to learn emerging social media apps extremely quickly
- Aggregating social media data reports for internal use.
- Software skills for social media managing including, but not limited to the below
- Buffer (or software similar to Buffer)
- Some Photoshop / Premiere Pro - if you don't know Premiere Pro, need to be pretty good at another video editing software.
- Naturally organized
Ancillary skills that would be a good bonus if you have experience with them already:
- CRMs (like Asana, ClickUp, Monday.com)
- Social Media Managing
What you’ll bring to the team
- You provide TikTok / social media expertise and can meaningfully advise the team on the best practices across all social media channels.
- You are extremely extroverted, fun, friendly, and are not afraid to speak to anyone because you can communicate clearly and have great people skills.
- You have a great desire to work in a start-up environment especially in a company that is at the forefront of making a healthy difference in a beloved industry.
- You are down to do “anything.” You understand that being the 5th member of a fast-growing start-up means there is potential that you will be asked to do many “random” tasks that may or may not relate directly to your job description / job title and you are perfectly ok with this.
- I will always be respectful of your time, but there may be windows of time where a campaign requires more hours than normal and you are ok with working the extra hours. I will give you back your time the following week.
- 80 hours (10 days) vacation PTO annually
- 48 (6 days) hours sick days PTO annually
- Standard National Holidays PTO
- Free Boba Tea Protein
- Gym membership stipend
*All benefits are non-contractual, and Boba Tea Protein may amend, terminate, or enhance the benefits provided to you and our other employees from time to time as it deems appropriate.